TKE 2010 Conference - Presenting terminology and knowledge engineering resources online: models and challenges
The conference will focus in particular on the theme of presenting terminology and knowledge engineering resources online. The following questions might be discussed:
- How should terminology and knowledge engineering resources look?
- What are terminology and knowledge engineering resources for?
- How can terminology and knowledge engineering resources be introduced to their publics?
- How can we analyse and improve the use and implantation of terminology and knowledge engineering resources?
- What models outside the discipline are there for the presentation of terminology and knowledge engineering resources?
International Symposium on Multilingualism and Cyberspace - Can knowledge societies afford not to be multilingual?
The Symposium is being organized by the Linguamón-House of Languages and Maaya, the World Network for Linguistic Diversity, with a view to discussing the opportunities and challenges that cyberspace poses for languages.
Read the current issue of the Infoterm Newsletter (INL 132)!
Download the recent newsletter here!
Acknowledging the importance of terminology on International Literacy Day
8 September 2009 marks the International Literacy Day. On this day the international community focuses on the status of literacy and adult learning globally. According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), despite many and varied efforts, literacy remains an elusive target: some 776 million adults lack minimum literacy skills, which means that one in five adults is still not literate. In addition, 75 million children are out-of-school and many more attend irregularly or drop out.
New Infoterm Executive Board elected
The new Executive Board was elected during the 10th Infoterm General Assembly in Bogotá, Colombia. As every year, the General Assembly took place on the occasion of the annual ISO/TC 37 meetings on 11 August 2009. The new Executive Board convened for the first time on the same day to elect its new presidency.